Grapevine Sailing's Junior Sailing Program
Junior Sailors are mostly made up of former campers from the summer Learn to Sail Camp. A group of volunteers (parents) supports the team in instruction and logistics. The sailors learn the sport and gain the confidence they need to participate in the racing events. The mission of the Grapevine Sailing Club's Junior Program is to develop knowledgeable junior sailors while instilling in them a love for the sport of sailing that will serve as a foundation for the future of our club and our sport. Further, the Youth Program strives to:
- Interest and lead Juniors in developing safe sailing skills
- Promote Juniors attendance at all Junior activities and regattas.
- Represent the Grapevine Sailing Club in Events through out the state
- Conduct and further develop our year round program
- Develop curriculum that promotes self-esteem, camaraderie, and sportsmanship both on and off the water
- Develop parental involvement that will support the various fleets and activities of the Youth Program.
to contact our Junior Director for more information about getting your child and family involved!